|        Mailing address:
Naval Postgraduate School|
The MOVES Institute, Bldg# 245, WA-283
700 Dyer Road
Monterey, CA 93943-5001
|| asadagic followed by a sign @ and then nps dot edu
I currently teach following master level courses and seminars:
- Human Factors in Virtual Environments - MV4001:
Fall AY15, Fall AY14, Fall AY13, Winter AY12, Winter AY11, Winter AY9, Winter AY08,
Winter AY07, Winter AY06
- Human-Computer Interaction - CS3004:
Spring AY15, Fall AY15, Spring AY14, Fall AY14, Spring AY13, Fall AY13, Spring AY12, Fall AY12, Spring AY11
Examples of past student lab projects: past projects
- Introduction to Virtual Environment Technology seminar - MV3922:
Winter AY15, Winter AY14, Winter AY13
- Current Topics in Modeling, Virtual Environments & Simulation seminar - MV4924:
Spring AY15, Fall AY15, Spring AY14, Fall AY14, Spring AY13, Fall AY13
The largest portion of my time is dedicated to research work on different projects.
My research interests and expertise include:
- computer graphics and virtual environments
- human factors and presence in VR
- virtual humans
- game-based systems
- multiuser communication and collaborative environments
- evaluation of learning and training effectiveness in computer supported environments
- use of sensor technologies on physical training ranges - bringing analog information (training on a physical
range) into digital domain
- coupling emerging technologies with systems for training and learning
- validation of simulated human behaviors
- design of novel training methodologies and pedagogies in support of learning and training with
simulations and game-based systems
- diffusion of innovation: design, dissemination, deployment, and the use of simulations and game-based systems
for learning and training; large scale adoption issues
Professional membership: IEEE and ACM SIGGRAPH.
Student thesis advising: Current and past student thesis I advised or co-advised.
Resume: Short bio , Curriculum Vitae
Focus group: MOVES Human Factors and Training Systems Focus Group
Current work opportunities
Our research team has two Postdoc positions currently available (offers through the National Research Council).
Please check the details here.